SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer (open to varying levels of experience) to join SeatGeek’s Product team. As a Platform Engineer, you'll improve the systems that power the entirety of SeatGeek's technology ecosystem. As a member of the Cloud Platform team, you will be involved in themes such as our core compute infrastructure, release automation, reliability engineering, and network infrastructure. We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer (open to varying levels of experience) to join SeatGeek’s R&D team.
SeatGeek has more services and deployments than developers, which means automation has to be the norm. The Cloud Platform team is the backbone that supports SeatGeek’s Enterprise and Consumer lines of business as we continue to grow our primary and secondary ticketing platform and support clients such as the Dallas Cowboys, and Manchester City FC.
What you'll do
- Develop and refine internal tools that help release and manage applications across SeatGeek’s stack
- Improve workflow automation across the Platform team, and the SeatGeek organization
- Manage and enhance the software application deployment process
- Build and maintain tools that our developers use to observe their applications, and drive initiatives to increase our overall reliability.
- Collaborate with other departments on how to run production systems and deployments with autonomy
- Support teams with expertise in the areas of deployment, configuration, routing, monitoring and scalability in all parts of the stack
- Participate in an on-call schedule
Who you are
You love building resilient infrastructure but have an even greater love for how it’s deployed and managed. You make decisions based on data and are not afraid of experimenting to get the information you need. While checking every item below isn't necessary, you have (or are keen to have!) some of the following:
- Passion for craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how reliable infrastructure should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- Experience working with cloud providers
- Experience with VMs, containers, and serverless compute platforms
- Experience with service discovery and routing between microservices
- Experience scripting in an interpreted language (application development and/or Go experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with Relational and Non-relational databases
- Experience with Configuration Management systems and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery, testing, and code deployment
- Experience using observability tools to make performance improvements and forecast growth
- Experience improving system architecture, diagnosing shortcomings and implementing evidence-based recommendations
- You can simplify complex topics to better suit a non-technical audience
- Commitment to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and learning from others
The tools we use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language.
- Runtimes: Docker, Nomad, ECS/Fargate, Lambda
- Datastores: Postgres, SQL Server, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Service Discovery and Routing: Consul, Envoy, CoreDNS
- Monitoring: DataDog
- Incident Management: FireHydrant, PagerDuty
- Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible
- Infrastructure as Code: Cloudformation, Terraform
- Cloud Providers: AWS
- Version control: Git
- CI / CD: Gitlab CI
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$240,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!