** U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY **
SafelyYou is an extremely mission-driven company that raised $60m in 2021 through series A and series B financing and is now rapidly scaling. Our company spun out of the UC Berkeley AI Research Lab and develops artificial intelligence to support care for those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other cognitive impairments. Alzheimer’s disease is the single most expensive disease in the US, costing an estimated $600b per year in direct and indirect costs. It affects 1 in 3 people over 85 and 1 in 9 people over 65. Our first product is focused on reducing the frequency and impact of falls, the leading cause of hospitalization for those living with dementia. We have peer-reviewed results showing up to 80% fewer falls with an average of 40% fewer falls and 80% fewer ER visits from falls. We've raised capital from top VC firms, including Founders Fund, Eclipse, Foundation Capital, and Data Collective, and the largest providers in the space are actively using, expanding, and evangelizing the service. We have also been awarded grants from the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation, given the national importance of the issue – as the population continues to age, the global costs of Alzheimer’s and dementia are expected to double over the next 10 years. With fewer and fewer young people available to provide the care needed, we must find a way for technology to bridge the gap.
Your Role at SafelyYou
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will join our talented team responsible for designing, implementing, and running our Fleet Management platform for tens of thousands of cameras and equipment from cradle to grave.
You will be a key contributor to front-end and back-end engineering used to register and install devices, perform OTA updates deployments, and configuration deployments. You will be responsible for ensuring the resilience of the fleet software and all the related systems to ensure the safety of our residents. The reliability, performance, and security of your code will be critical factors in enabling our company's growth. You will be closely collaborating with our operational teams and SRE to meet our customer demand and growth while opening up opportunities for innovations.
- Design and implement efficient, scalable, and reliable backend systems that support our fleet management initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other engineers to develop new features and functionality
- Develop and maintain our backend APIs that support both internal and external customers
- Write high-quality code that is well-documented, thoroughly tested, and maintainable
- Develop and maintain frontend applications that provide a rich user experience
- Own the technical design and architecture of projects within our domain
- Take a role in driving tech initiatives, technical design and architecture, planning, and delivery of our initiatives
- Mentor other engineers on the team, and provide feedback on code and architecture reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure that our services are highly available and performant
The Ideal Candidate
- MS or Ph.D. in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer, with a focus on backend development and a microservices architecture
- Experience with deploying and managing edge devices at scale, preferably cameras
- Expertise with Go and Typescript
- A Strong Generalist Engineer with a team-oriented mindset focused on delivering high-quality and scalable solutions.
- You are aware of the value proposition of the products you are building and can drive informed decision-making around what should be built or bought and why
Why Join Us? You Can Make a Difference!
SafelyYou offers a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to:
- A mission-driven company culture
- Fully remote
- Excitement, creativity, and a fast-paced atmosphere
- Competitive salary & benefits, including fully paid employee premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Program
- Company laptop
- Monthly Education, Well-being & WFH stipends
- Non-accrual PTO
- Growth Potential
- Company Retreats
- Medical & Family/Parental Leave
At SafelyYou, we believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, competitive, and resilient company. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We value all the perspectives our team members bring to the table, and that is why we don’t look for culture fit, but culture add. We want to hear from YOU! We encourage you to apply even if you do not fit 100% of the technical requirements.
Other Jobs from Safely You
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee