🚀 A little about Rupa - The Future is personalized, root-cause healthcare.
makes lab testing simple. We turn an archaic 15 hour-a-week process into a delightful 15 min task for doctors, nurses, and even acupuncturists who order order lab testing for their patients.
Lab testing is the key to a more personalized and holistic approach to medicine, and Rupa is paving the way with critical infrastructure for this next generation of healthcare. Through Rupa, practitioners can order testing not available through the average hospital, such as DNA testing, microbiome testing, advanced fertility and hormone testing, and more.
This comprehensive and personalized approach to healthcare is the missing piece for the millions of people suffering from complex, chronic health conditions. Rather than band-aid solutions, our providers strive to understand, diagnose, and treat the root cause of people’s health issues. At Rupa, we are building the infrastructure to make this root-cause approach the standard of care for every person on the planet. 🌎
Starting with lab testing, Rupa is bringing tools and resources to trailblazing practitioners who are practicing medicine in a way that truly helps people get well.
🤩 The Role - What's a day in the life of an Engineer at Rupa Health?
You'll be joining the Engineering team at Rupa as one of the first few engineers! We're a close-knit, hardworking team and that means we are looking for talented engineers that can take ownership of large parts of our software stack.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work full stack and be responsible for many important aspects of the product and infrastructure.
In particular you will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining our lab integrations stack. We work with over 30 lab companies and need to build deep technical integrations with many. You'll work on building our integrations pipeline to make it fast and efficient to add new labs to our platform.
- Being a steward of quality, scalability, security and performance.
- Designing and architect new systems, or introducing new technologies to support our growth.
- Working alongside product and design to scope and implement new features and product lines across the stack.
As an early engineer, you'll be able to grow as a leader and define the technical direction and vision for the company. This is a full stack role. However, if you tend to gravitate towards specific areas of the stack, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to work on the most impactful projects in areas of the stack that you enjoy working in.
🙏 Our Supporters - We're grateful to be backed by world class investors and advisors
We’re backed by and work closely with our world class investors: ****First Round Capital, Floodgate (Mike Maples), SV Angel (Ron Conway), Lachy Groom, Trae Vassallo (Defy), healthcare domain experts, former founders with successful exits, the product brains behind Gmail, Facebook newsfeed, Dropbox, and more.
We’re also fortunate to be advised by the best in the industry, including the Head of Health and co-founder of IDEO, the co-founder of Honor HomeCare, domain experts with backgrounds from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Johns Hopkins, and more.
We’ve been growing like crazy over the past year, with exponential month-over-month growth. But a company is only as good as its people, and so we’re looking for an amazing analytics engineer who can join us on this fast-paced journey.
👋 Does this sound like you? ⬇️
- 4+ years of professional software development experience. Preferably in dynamic, fast moving companies and teams.
- The ability to move fast and write code that solves technical and business problems.
- The ability to take a broadly defined task and fill in the gaps without every detail being laid out for you.
- A security by design mindset. We're a healthcare company so it's critical to keep our patients' data safe.
- Proficiency in building and debugging systems in cloud environments.
Candidates with varying backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We do not require prior knowledge of any of the technologies in our stack, only a desire to learn them. You'll encounter the following technologies in our stack
- Github Actions (CI)
- AWS Managed services like RDS, ECS, Fargate
💙 Our Rupa Team - The best part of this whole journey!
You’ll be joining our all-star core team who have 10+ years experience in the space, have won awards for their biotech research, worked hands on with chronically ill patients, built multiple multi-billion-dollar companies, and much more. The core team comes from Stanford, Wharton, Y Combinator, Parsley Health, Lululemon, Everlywell, Square, Forward, and more.
We each have very personal reasons for wanting to transform this space. We’ve experienced firsthand the impact personalized medicine can have and are committed to this cause.
Beyond our collective excitement for the space, we’re a super close team who values personal development, being active, growth mindsets, a great sense of humor, and a healthy balance of optimism and realism. We work hard, care about each other, and have a ton of fun. 🙌