Rokt is the global leader in eCommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, AMC Theatres, PayPal, Uber, Hulu, Staples, Lands’ End, and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that use Rokt's solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2022 secondary transaction, Rokt’s valuation increased to $2.4 Billion. We are expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With 50% annual growth and vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: smart with humility, own the outcomes, force for good, conquer new frontiers, enjoy the ride, raise the bar, communicate with impact, and disagree then commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we foster an environment that helps us all do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class eCommerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the transaction moment for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of an autonomous team owning a specific problem space in one of our backend development teams. You will be working closely with other software engineers and product managers in your team on solving interesting problems and driving business values.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and improve code that solves real-world problems
- Own complex product features end to end - with a focus on customer impact
- Manage priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Operate with autonomy in solving problems
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver new products
- Create fast, scalable and easy-to-use applications
- Build libraries and frameworks that others can use
- Take responsibility for system health, monitoring and alerting, and CI/CD pipelines
- Support and mentor other engineers on best practices, architecture, and quality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of experience, or 4 years with an advanced degree, in commercial software development experience designing, building and operating distributed systems.
- Experience in any of the following: web application development, distributed systems, cloud platforms such AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines
- Strong background in designing and building high-throughput low-latency distributed systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English - you can explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- A willingness and comfort in communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and other collaborative online tools