Unlock your inner voice. The one that knows you can do it. The one to listen to more. Unlock that desire you’ve always had to achieve something bigger. Take the leap. Join a team of diverse individuals who thrive by conquering new frontiers and working in different ways. Learn, grow, and then learn some more in a hyper-growth environment. Develop your voice, your ideas, your ability to help others. People at Rokt aren't inspired by job titles, they are inspired by other people. Unleash all the possibilities. At Rokt, you’ll unlock your full potential.
Rokt is the global leader in ecommerce technology. We unlock revenue for companies by using AI and machine learning to present highly relevant offers to each shopper, personalizing the online shopping experience and maximizing the value of each transaction moment. Uber, Live Nation, AMC Theatres, PayPal, Hulu, Staples, Lands’ End, GoPuff, HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers relying on Rokt’s technology to increase engagement, revenue and customer acquisition.
With our December 2022 secondary transaction, Rokt’s valuation increased to $2.4 billion. We are expanding rapidly and operating in 15 countries across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With consistent hyper growth ahead of the market and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia.
As a mission-driven, hyper-growth community of curious explorers, our ambition is to unlock the full potential in ecommerce and beyond. Our bias for action means we are not afraid to quickly venture into uncharted territories, take risks or challenge the status quo; in doing so we either win or learn. We work together as one aligned team never letting egos get in the way of brilliant ideas. We value diversity, transparency and smart humble people who enjoy building a disruptive business together. We pride ourselves on being a force for good as we make the world better.
About the role
As a Principal Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer you will be able to drive the future direction of new initiatives and push the boundaries on what the world thinks is possible by leveraging the latest advancements in ML. You will join a team of top-tier Machine Learning Engineers and be an inherent part of the Relevancy org and will be responsible for driving machine learning solutions from research to production.
Your expertise will be critical in designing, implementing and scaling innovative machine learning solutions that drive impact across the business. Reporting to the VP of Engineering (AI/Data) you will work closely with product managers, machine learning engineers and software engineers to understand business priorities, frame ML problems and architect solutions that deliver real-world value specifically in CTR modelling, Conversion modelling, UX optimisation, price optimisation and NLP.
In this role you will be encouraged to keep up with emerging trends in machine learning, research state of the art deep learning architectures, prototype new modelling ideas and conduct offline and online experiments and deploy your solutions to production.
- Develop and implement machine learning algorithms to solve business problems
- Design and implement scalable data processing and machine learning pipelines
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and data teams to identify machine learning opportunities
- Evaluate and improve the performance of machine learning models
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning research and apply them to real-world problems
- Write clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Communicate technical concepts and ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Sharing your knowledge by giving brown bag sessions, tech talks, and evangelising appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- Mentoring other team members, facilitating within/across team workshops, and leading agile development.
- PhD or Masters's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics a similar technical field of study with a specialisation in Machine Learning, Data mining, Information Retrieval or Data science.
- 10+ years of industry experience in building production-grade machine learning systems with all aspects of research, model training, tuning, deploying, serving and monitoring. Industry experience in ecommerce, recommender systems, digital marketing or two-sided marketplaces is a plus.
- Experience in the following areas - Bayesian methods, Reinforcement learning, Deep learning Architectures and Recommendation systems and if you have experience in ML for Ads or ecommerce it is a big plus.
- Be motivated, and self-driven in a fast (we truly mean fast) paced environment with a proven track record demonstrating impact across several teams and/or organisations.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders and manage tasks in a timely manner.
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to system alerts should they arise.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kubeflow, TFX and Feature Store in a production environment is a massive plus
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from ROKT
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee