Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Content Platform Team provides a secure, scalable foundation for storing and serving user content. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop backend services to help game creators reach the broadest audience possible. You will help us build & scale large distributed systems, data processing and analysis pipelines, an access control system, Open Cloud APIs all of which are central for all content created in Roblox.
- Solve on a variety of unique technical challenges
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to develop, test and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Guide the future technical direction of the team and have impact on engineering
- Be a technical bar-raiser for high code quality, architectural designs, and long-term approaches
- Design systems and services that are scalable and resilient
- Collaborate with passionate Engineers, Product Managers and other Roblox team members.
- Report to Engineering Manager, Creator Platform.
- 4+ years hands-on experience shipping high complexity code
- Experience architecting, designing and leading implementation of a wide array of software products
- Experience supporting important applications at scale
- Strong proficiency in C#, Go, C++, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- An understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Ability to work with all layers of the stack - you have been an important contributor across the entire technology stack of previous projects
Roles that are based in our San Mateo, CA Headquarters are in-office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with optional in-office on Monday and Friday (unless otherwise noted).
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Roblox
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee