Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer on the Marketplace team, you will build applications that power Roblox's Avatar Marketplace. Your work will directly impact more than 210M monthly users on the platform as they craft their identity on Roblox and will drive growth for our UGC community of developers. This role is unique, where you will design and build cross-platform (including iOS, Android, Xbox, VR platforms) UI and UX for high-traffic surfaces. If you are an expert at developing user facing applications and are passionate about user experience, you will be right at home with us! This role will report into our Engineering Manager.
- Utilize your proficiency in frontend engineering to build responsive and user friendly cross-platform user interfaces for the avatar marketplace.
- Drive innovation and improvements in search and discoverability products within the metaverse as well as build customization tools within Avatar editor.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure seamless integration and functionality across internal and developer-facing systems.
- Craft code that is not only performant but also easily maintained, contributing to the overall success of the platform.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to ensure alignment with the shared vision.
- 4+ years of experience building responsive and user friendly user interfaces focusing on complex user experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in with client side state management using React.js or ReactNative
- You have a deep understanding of usability issues in client / server applications
- Ability to drive accessible cross-platform solutions at scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a production environment.
- Experienced: You've worked on intricate user facing applications and have experience with frameworks to build end to end applications.
- Passionate about UX: You're dedicated to creating exceptional user experiences that resonate with millions of users.
- Analytical: You're experienced at analyzing user interactions to optimize impact.
- Adaptable: You're comfortable stepping out of your comfort zone to explore new technologies.
- Collaborative: You excel at working in teams, inspiring others, and driving projects collectively.
Roles that are based in our San Mateo, CA Headquarters are in-office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with optional in-office on Monday and Friday (unless otherwise noted).
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Jobs from Roblox
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial