Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Game Engine QA team's mission is to maintain and deliver the highest quality client and server releases of the Roblox game engine across all platforms. Our major areas of focus are increasing test coverage using targeted manual tests and integrated automation testes, as well as improved feature testing with directly embedded QA Engineers in several teams.
You will help ensure the Game Engine components and features we build satisfy product specifications and don't compromise system stability or scalability. This role reports directly to the Engine QA Manager.
- Conduct hands-on manual testing, and coordinate with other Roblox QA teams and offshore QA team members
- Partner with various engineering teams (Avatar, Audio, Video, etc), providing them with specialized QA support, encouraging team-related QA plans from initial planning all the way to the final release
- Verify and validate new features
- Create quality test cases and test plans for already existing and upcoming features
- Identify potential areas for automation
- 4+ years of QA engineering experience (directly testing features, handling tickets, writing test cases and test plans)
- Strong manual testing background with interest in automation later down the road
- Experience coordinating with or managing offshore teams
- Passion for gaming and game development
- Experience testing for gaming platforms (PC/Mac desktop, iOS/Android mobile devices, consoles, VR)
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc) (Plus)
Roles that are based in our San Mateo, CA Headquarters are in-office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with optional in-office on Monday and Friday (unless otherwise noted).
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Roblox
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee