Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the Team:
Locations Available for the Clearing team: Menlo Park, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York City, NY
We have multiple teams available:
Retirement: The Retirement & Advisory (RAD) team is directly responsible for working on products that will help customers invest for the long-term and in doing so diversify Robinhood’s revenue stream - one of the company’s top priorities in 2023. The team has just launched Retirement, an exciting new product that enables Robinhood customers to save for their future. In 2023, we are working on two major areas - finding product/market fit for Retirement and launching another 0 to 1 product. In addition to this, the team is responsible for Recurring and Recommendations offerings.
Locations Available for the Retirement team: Menlo Park, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York City, NY
Clearing: The Clearing team within the Brokerage Organization helps Robinhood ship industry-leading financial products for our customers. Clearing works cross-functionally with engineering and non-engineering teams to ship exciting products such as extended trading, sweep for gold, Retirement accounts and SLIP.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Set up and drive technical directions of the project while mentoring and up-leveling junior engineers on the team.
- Supporting core backend for Brokerage
- Design large-scale systems within the team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in building mission critical distributed services that are high-throughput, low-latency
- A proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on multiple services and/or teams.
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on project scoping and work prioritization.
- Able to tackle challenging engineering problems in complex domains that deliver results.
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, databases, batch processing systems.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and extensive experience in good API design practices (gRPC and/or REST).
- Experience building and productionizing one or more large-scale services in Golang.
Technologies we use:
- Python/Java/Go/any object-oriented language
- Message Queues
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $217000 - $255000
US Zone 2: $190000 - $224000
US Zone 3: $169000 - $199000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.