Nearly every company in the world runs on custom business software: Gartner estimates that up to 50% of all code is written for internal usage. This is the operational software for refunding orders, underwriting loans, moderating content, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, onboarding employees, analyzing transactions, providing customer support…the list is nearly endless. For most companies, building and maintaining all of these tools demands a lot of engineering time—scarce, expensive resources better put to use on customer-facing products.
At Retool, we’re designing a new type of development environment that makes it dramatically faster and easier to build all of this software. Retool unifies the ease of visual programming with the power of code, while abstracting away the tedious and repetitive tasks of development. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster and build a lot more software. It’s akin to a new version of Visual Basic, HyperCard, or Flash—with a bit of Figma and some future-of-programming vibes thrown on top. Today, our customers span from small startups building their first operational tools, to Fortune 500 companies building mission-critical apps for thousands of users across their business.
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
This year, we are eager to continue expanding our team to meet our 2024 sales goals. Associate Sales Engineers at Retool drive the technical top-of-funnel stage of the overall sales process. You will be the first point of contact for engaging our prospective customers across all of our segments and geographies, and are responsible for clear articulation of Retool’s technical and product value prop.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will be responsible for generating a qualified pipeline from inbound trial sign-ups. You will lead high-level discovery calls, debug customer issues, and work cross-functionally with Account Executives, Sales Engineers, our Marketing team, and our Support team to give Retool’s users a best-in-class experience. Many of our prospective customers have technical questions, so you’ll need to become an expert on the product and be comfortable learning new technical concepts quickly. You’ll also contribute to the enablement of the sales team as a whole by building out demo apps for our AE’s, working on Retool’s own internal tooling, and giving presentations on strategies and best practices around our sales process.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
As a member of the sales team, you’ll work with our Account Executive, Sales Engineering, Customer Engineering, Support teams, and Marketing teams to help prospective customers be successful with Retool and drive new business. Retools are customer focused, and you’ll join an organization that genuinely enjoys collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Develop creative messaging strategies to best reach our new users
- Generate sales pipeline by scheduling meetings with our prospects
- Become a subject matter expert in Retool and answer technical questions about the platform
- Lead Zoom conversations with new users to better understand their Retool use case(s)
- Maintain a clean and organized book of accounts using Salesforce
- Relay product and user feedback to internal teams all across Retool
- Achieve daily, weekly, and quarterly metrics
- This role is onsite 3x/wk
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- You’re an effective communicator, both in your writing and speech
- You have a technical aptitude, and a hunger to always be learning new technologies
- You love testing, tracking, and iterating on your process
- You thrive in a fast-growing and ever changing environment
- You’re self-directed and able to maintain your own schedule and workload
- You’re coachable, and open to giving and taking constructive feedback
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
Retool is currently set up to employ all roles in the US and specific roles in the UK. To find roles that can be employed in the UK, please refer to our careers page and review the indicated locations.
Other Jobs from Retool
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member