Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
As the leader in Contact Center Automation, Replicant helps companies automate their most common customer service calls while empowering agents to focus on more complex and nuanced customer challenges. Replicant's AI platform allows consumers to engage in natural conversations across voice, messaging and other digital channels to resolve their customer support issues, without the wait, 24/7. We are now leading the way in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to transform customer service- again.
If you're excited by AI, ChatGPT, LLMs and want to make an impact with other great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
The Core Conversations team empowers enterprise customers and developers on Replicant’s platform to help create delightful conversations that provide fast and effective resolutions to their clients through contact center automation. We define and build the next generation of bot building paradigms for complex enterprise customer service and contact center automation scenarios. As part of its Conversational AI R&D team, you will be part of a cross-functional group of engineers that are applying the latest research in Generative AI and NLP - including LLMs and other advancements in research into our core product lines.
As an NLP Engineer, you will have access to various sets of LLM providers, as well as vast amounts of high-quality data that go into training and evaluating them. You will be expected to lead the way in applying these models to transform our current approaches and creating groundbreaking new products that would have been impossible with the previous generation of technologies.
What You'll Do
- You’ll join a phenomenal team of hardworking engineers and will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities. Your tasks will include:
- Leading the exploration and application of Large Language Models and Generative AI, venturing into new areas within these fields.
- Translating the latest research into high-performing systems and models that can be practically applied to enhance user experiences.
- Help set the team's strategic direction, cultivating an environment that encourages innovation and professional growth.
- Actively engaging in all aspects of development, from ideation and experimentation to implementation and deployment.
- Collaborating with various teams and product managers to develop and implement ML based solutions, ensuring performance optimization and alignment with broader business goals.
What You'll Bring
- In-depth experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP), with a particular emphasis on Large Language Models (LLMs) and Conversational AI.
- Published research in the NLP field is highly desirable but not specifically required, indicating an ability to not only understand but also contribute to cutting-edge research.
- Proven ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply cutting-edge research into tangible applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience with fine-tuning approaches and training models.
- Proven problem-solving and leadership abilities, with the capacity to steer the team's research and practical applications in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a vivid imagination.
- Passion about engineering and team culture.
- You love tackling ambiguous technical problems and developing solutions to problems with significant impact.
- You are an independent thinker and like to own and solve complex problems.
- You are interested in exploring the nuance and aesthetic of conversations.
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🏋️ Health and Wellness Perk
🖥️ Equipment Stipend
🌴 Flexible vacation policy
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
🌺 Replicants are eligible for a 5-week sabbatical after being at the company for 4.5 years
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.