At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Quality team supports all areas of production of Relativity’s hardware and defines the processes to do so. We work closely with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, test and launch counterparts to ensure the quality of our products. We help lay the foundation for all processes within the product lifecycle – design, buy, build, test and launch. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Quality organization and help lead the front on producing the industry’s highest quality 3D-printed parts and launch vehicle.
This Supplier Quality role will interface directly with Relativity suppliers and internal teams to ensure delivery of high-quality hardware and services. You will interact with all levels of the organization to support our procured hardware, define the processes to do so, and establish interdepartmental relationships needed to accomplish our goals.
Note: This is an on-site role at our Long Beach, CA headquarters. Travel expected to account for 10% of time, with surges of up to 40% as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Drive initiatives to support the procurement of high-quality parts for our launch vehicle program
- Assist suppliers in driving product and process improvements
- Develop strong partnership with suppliers in regard to their commitment to Relativity requirements, delivery and measurement of results
- Collaborate with Engineering, Additive, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Test and Launch teams to ensure supplier's quality standards are in place
- Day-to-day activities may include the following:
- Supplier quality clause development and adherence
- Supplier Qualification and Audit activities
- Receiving inspection process definition, standardization, and optimization
- Return to Vendor processing
- Nonconformance Management
- Supplier Corrective Action Requests
What you need to know:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other STEM field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience acting as a Supplier Quality Engineer at a fast-paced manufacturing company
- Experience interfacing with design engineering, manufacturing, and production personnel
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing practices, typical quality processes (nonconforming material, corrective action, inspection optimization), and process quality controls
- Versed in process development and first-time quality efforts
- Understanding of AS9100/ISO9001 or equivalent quality management systems
Nice to haves but not required:
- Familiarity with high-volume inspection methods and data-driven acceptance methods
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and proficient in data analysis
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Other Jobs from Relativity Space
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member