At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Our team designs, analyzes and tests the combustion devices of the Aeon-R Engine. We collaborate closely with our manufacturing teams and our test teams to deliver high-performing components to the engine system. We strive for continuous improvement and support the development of our technical hardware and human teammates alike.
What you’ll do:
You will work with the Combustion Devices team to directly contribute to the design and qualification of the Aeon-R combustion device hardware, from concept to detailed design and test. Your responsibilities will include performing, documenting and presenting thermo-structural and/or thermo-fluid analyses for engine hardware ranging from injectors and thrust chambers to igniters. You’ll be anchoring your model predictions to test data and working closely with designers to inform design paths and validate requirement compliance. This scope will involve single-component modeling as well the development of large-scale assembly models for quantifying subsystem interactions. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and be capable of leading collaborative projects to completion. In this role, you will have the opportunity to have a significant influence on major engine hardware and to make rapid professional gains in an environment that encourages growth and risk.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering field
- 5+ years relevant experience conducting thermal/fluid/structural analysis
- Experience with analytical tools such as ANSYS Mechanical and/or ANSYS Fluent/STAR-CCM+ or similar
- Strong engineering fundamentals in thermodynamic, heat transfer and fluid flow first principles
- A strong commitment to accountability, collaboration, and execution
- An authentic, introspective, and inclusive mindset towards technical, interpersonal, and team growth & development
Nice to haves but not required:
- Graduate degree in a science or engineering field
- Working knowledge of rocket engine subsystems such as combustion devices, ducting
- Knowledge of structural failure mechanisms, and fatigue and fracture mechanics
- Exposure to powder bed additive manufacturing
- We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Other Jobs from Relativity Space
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member