About Redwood Materials
Staff Software Engineer, Backend
Redwood Materials is looking for motivated and talented engineers to help build, architect and deploy core business applications in AWS. The ideal candidate is someone experienced with both backend code and creating/managing/supporting AWS infrastructure. This is an opportunity to join during a critical growth phase and build green field software experiences and capabilities which will have a significant impact on the company’s day-to-day operations and ability to scale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the full scope of implementing a project (design, program, test, deploy, and support applications).
- Leverage existing AWS architectures and design new ones where needed, using and expanding the CDK tool kit to manage and create AWS resources.
- Operationalize workloads in AWS, helping to design and implement monitoring solutions and deployment pipelines.
- Design and implement APIs to support web applications and customer facing services.
- Help design foundational data structures which will power future analytics, reporting, and application development.
- Author and maintain detailed design documents and system architecture diagrams.
- Write code to extract, manage, and synchronize data between enterprise software applications.
- Work with cross functional teams to discover business needs and drive requirements for custom software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience developing software solutions in a modern cloud environment (containerization, Linux, Git, automated deployment, etc.).
- Fluency in Python and preferably one or more of the following: Java, Go, C++.
- Experience designing and interacting with relational databases (NoSQL also a plus)
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem and resources (CDK experience a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to manage production workloads (debugging, monitoring, alerting).
- Practical experience designing APIs and complex data structures.
- Experience integrating with enterprise software solutions (Oracle, SAP, etc.) a plus.
- A passion for excellence and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs from our Partners
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee