About Redwood Materials
About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
Senior Environmental Engineer
Redwood Materials is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer/Specialist to be part of our growing EHS team. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast paced, collaborative, and dynamic start up environment. In this role, you will partner with Production, Maintenance, Engineering, R&D and Construction teams to provide daily EHS operational support. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high growth company where the environment and safety are our priority.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and coordinate multi-agency compliance/regulatory reporting.
- Comprehensive experience of regulatory requirements relating to Air permitting, DOT/EPA, Hazardous materials, Hazardous waste, SWPPP, TSCA, RCRA, TRI, etc.
- Manage hazardous and universal waste activities including the collection, transportation, determination and disposal of all kinds of waste in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Develop, drive and sustain a comprehensive environmental compliance program that ensures regulatory compliance.
- Work with the broader EHS team to develop and implement Redwood’s environmental programs, including training and enforcement.
- Analyzes, understands, documents, and performs regulatory research in support of program compliance.
- Lead incident analyses to determine root cause, prevention, and necessary corrective actions.
- Works with external vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure efficient program functionality.
- Partners with departments about training compliance and environmental initiatives.
- Provides research on topics and best practices as required.
- Edits and designs environmental procedures, technical documents, and other work products.
- Develop and implement Environmental and Safety audits.
- B.S. or advanced degree in Environmental Engineering, Industrial Safety, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or another discipline with significant relevant coursework.
- Prior work experience with a leading technology company in an EHS role, preferably with new process development.
- 5+ years’ experience managing Environmental and Regulatory compliance programs.
- Environmental experience in manufacturing / production environments is strongly preferred.
- HAZWOPER, CEM, CHMM, etc. certificates preferred.
- Knowledgeable in code compliance and regulatory reporting.
- Experience developing and maintaining a company hazardous and universal waste management initiative.
- Able to operate independently while creating and managing programs that ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies.
- Hands on able to work directly with stakeholders on program implementation, training and enforcement.
- Ability to lead and influence departmental leadership and management.
- Detail Oriented.
- Understands challenges and thrives in an agile startup environment.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license with ability/willingness to travel between sites.
- Evidence of exceptional performance in previous roles.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Redwood Materials
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee