Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
In keeping with our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world, Reddit facilitates a delightful and relevant advertising experience that’s best-in-class for our users and advertisers. Ads are the fuel that power Reddit’s mission, and the year ahead is a busy one!
Our mission on the Revenue Lifecycle team is to enable a high quality and trustworthy financial partnership between advertisers and Reddit. We own Ads Billing and Payments - the foundation of our Ads business.
We partner across product, design, legal, finance, privacy, and operations to ensure advertisers having a seamless financial experience on our platform. Some example projects that the team is working on:
- Credit Line & Agency Experience - Build an E2E Credit Line solution and Agency experience from scratch. This pivotal initiative is crucial in unlocking agency spend and sustaining evergreen Ads campaigns, serving as a major driver of our company's revenue growth.
- Business-First Finance Solution: Transform Reddit Business Manager with a pioneering finance solution, enabling cross-business credit line sharing, sophisticated permission management, and detailed financial insights and reporting.
- Next-Generation Ads Billing System - Revolutionize our Ads billing system and data pipeline, enhancing its accuracy, reliability, and scalability. This is instrumental in addressing emerging billing and payment scenarios, ensuring our systems evolve in sync with business expansion and stay responsive to evolving market demands.
- Ad spend and budget management - Codify sales contracts into funding sources that put system constraints on Ad delivery, based on budgetary discretion of the customer, e.g. campaign budget, Ad account budget, etc..
- Internationalization & SMB Expansion - Enhance our global reach and support for small and medium-sized business (SMB) advertisers by building fully self-serve payment experience, integrating diverse payment methods, supporting multiple currencies, and adapting to international tax regulations.
- Financial Fraud Detection: Create a cutting-edge fraud detection and review system. This is crucial in minimizing uncollectible revenue and reducing scams on our platform, thereby protecting the financial integrity of our services and maintaining user trust.
- Billing Center and Managed Advertisers - Build the new Billing Center that enables advanced features for B2B relationships and managed advertisers. e.g. detailed receipts and invoices, visibility into lines of credit and available funds, smooth transition between Credit Card and managed billing, etc..
If you appreciate real technical challenges and business impact, and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Guide the strategy and execution of the team through partnership with the engineering manager and product manager.
- Technical oversight over the revenue lifecycle from customer-facing experience, payment and billing processing, to quote-to-cash process.
- Design, implement, and operate our critical and scalable systems.
- Drive and coordinate large-scale, cross-team projects spanning Frontend, Backend/Infra, Data Engineering and Machine Learning.
- Work across teams and functions to understand product requirements, evaluate trade-offs, and deliver the solutions needed to support Reddit’s Ads business.
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and cost management.
- Mentor senior engineers in the team.
- Expertise in Ads tech, billing or payment.
- Team-level tech lead experience.
- 7+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, Go, C++).
- Deep understanding of large scale backend service.
- Experience in tech leading a full stack team is a plus.
- Experience in Business Manager, Ads budget management, Credit Line, or quote to cash process is a plus.
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Other Jobs from Reddit
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial