Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 30 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team:
We are importers that focus on converting all API information into Collections so users can onboard onto Postman quickly. This includes many popular API Specifications, System proxies, Web traffic interception, APMs, API Gateways, code repositories and many more file formats. We love open-source technologies and many of our repositories are also open-source.
What You’ll Do:
- Scale existing importer system to handle millions of requests daily and enterprise grade API collections (>100MB size).
- Design, develop, and maintain robust libraries/APIs to support data migrations across API schemas. You will keep the product flexible and ready to support any new systems or schemas to be migrated to Postman within few days time.
- Lead technical initiatives to solve problems across teams and be responsible for the adoption and success of the initiatives by working closely with other teams.
- Contribute heavily towards migration of APIs from existing API testing systems & documentation systems (SoapUI, Swagger UI etc) to Postman. You will work towards providing a single click, easy to use migration experience to millions of developers who are ready to experience and get the best of Postman’s API platform.
- Perform design and code reviews and work towards the overall availability of the platform. You will work towards making this a 99.99 available service in the next one year.
- Work on network interception across the different layers of TCP/IP stack to improve our interceptor and proxy product.
- Advocate for best practices that improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Mentor early-career and experienced Engineers to bring out the best in them and help them learn and succeed at Postman.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, debugging skills to analyze and identify root cause of complex issues.
- Experience managing highly scalable & available systems.
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior engineers.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Note: This is a hybrid position based in Bangalore.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. This position requires you to be present in our Bangalore office on Mondays,Wednesdays & Fridays.
Other Jobs from Postman
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member