Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 2,300 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
We are seeking a highly skilled and dynamic Senior Backend developer to join our team and take our technology stack to new heights. In this role, you will be at the forefront of innovation, spearheading the technical aspects of backend projects and guiding a talented team of developers. If you're passionate about data products, large distributed systems, thrive in a collaborative environment, and constantly pushing for engineering excellence , then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Play a central role in building complex and large scale systems that powers Placer.ai’s platform
- Measure, analyze and improve the performance, scalability and robustness of the product and processes
- Carry tasks end-to-end, from design to deployment, and take full ownership
- Assist team members to excel at their job by code and design reviews, and technical guidance
- Collaborate with Product, Analysts and Data science teams in order to improve the product’s quality and deliver new features
- Extensive experience from B2B Saas companies playing central rule on the core backend.
- Minimum 8 years of professional backend experience.
- Proficient in one or more of the following - Python, Java, Go, .Net, Node
- Strong coding skills and a “get-things-done” approach
- Experience with big data / BI products.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or an equivalent
OTHER PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience with Python and MongoDB.
- Experience with google databases Big Query/ Big Table.
- Hands on Experience working with dockers, K8 and infrastructure as a code tools.
- Experience with Front end frameworks.
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.
Other Jobs from Placer.ai
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member