Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
What you’ll do
- Impact & Mission. Join a small team that works to implement a wide range of techniques to deliver value for Pinners and Creators
- Fast iterations. Prototype through fast iteration to explore various opportunities for all of Pinterest’s global Pinners and Creators.
- Collaboration. Integrate with many other internal engineering teams across Pinterest to support the end-to-end user journeys. Work in dynamic and diverse environments alongside engineering (closely with iOS/Android teams), products and designers. Evangelization across engineering to implement and adopt best practices to simplify our codebase and promote growth
- Ownership. Take ownership of product quality and release processes to deliver high quality user experiences.
- Feature Development. Work across all parts of the stack and be flexible working with different technologies. Adding a new functionality on both the backend and Web sides to bring the value for millions of users
- Pinterest Video Actionability. To bring the maximum contribution by developing features that increase our video actionability for Pinners around the world
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of full stack development (Web/Mobile Web) building successful products and/or systems, preferably on customer-facing products.
- Proficiency in common backend tech stacks for RESTful API, storage, caching and data processing.
- Strong command of SQL-like query languages to be used for processing data and automated workflows.
- Self-driven and openness to learn quickly, explore, flexibility without being afraid to dig deep
- Strong communication skills and great product intuition.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Other Jobs from Pinterest
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member