Your day to day
- Lead architecture and design of features, from conception to launch
- Design and develop Android applications focusing on user interface, functionality, and performance.
- Design and implement scalable and maintainable code architecture patterns, such as Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM).
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of Android developers.
- Write unit tests, conduct automated and manual testing, and debug issues to ensure the stability and reliability of Android applications.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and backend developers, to understand requirements, provide technical insights, and contribute to product planning and decision-making processes.
- Make critical engineering decisions considering risks, trade-offs, and alternative solutions.
What you need to bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience with mobile app development. (Java/Kotlin)
- 3+ years of experience with writing Kotlin apps
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns (MVVM), and best practices.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and collaboration tools.
- Proficiency in using Android Studio and other development tools.
- Familiarity with RESTful/GraphQL APIs and backend integration.
- Knowledge of mobile UI/UX design principles and best practices.
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g., JUnit, Espresso) and CI tools (e.g., Jenkins).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and optimize code.
- Leadership experience and the ability to mentor and guide junior developers.
Other Jobs from PayPal
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results