About the Team
The Privacy Team at OpenAI, focusing on data integrity and compliance, is committed to the secure and ethical utilization of AI technology. Our area of responsibility encompasses all OpenAI products and systems that process user data. We provide cross-functional partners with the tools needed to ensure that all products adhere to the highest standards of data privacy and legal compliance. Our approach to prioritizing responsible data use is integral to OpenAI's mission of safely introducing Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) that offers widespread benefits.
About the Role
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain back-end systems and services that power privacy and data compliance functions within our API products and consumer applications.
- Work closely with product managers, legal advisors, researchers, and other engineers to develop new products that adhere to emerging research capabilities and meet unaddressed customer needs, all while upholding strict data privacy and legal standards.
- Continuously iterate to enhance user and developer experiences, focusing on scalability, performance, observability, and security, particularly in the context of data handling and privacy.
- Develop and implement data handling policies and procedures in compliance with legal and ethical standards, ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of user data.
This role may be a great fit if you:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience building data pipelines, with strong skills in SQL and Python.
- Can translate legal requirements into technical solutions
- Create tools to optimize workflows, especially in scenarios where existing solutions don't fully address data privacy and compliance needs.
- Have a background in security investigations or experience working in collaboration with trust and safety, legal, and engineering teams
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 50% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For US Based Candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Other Jobs from OpenAI
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial