About the Team
OpenAI's Core Data Systems ensures OpenAI gets access to timely, reliable and high quality data in order to train the AI models that align with our mission, namely developing safe and universally beneficial AGI. The team provides the data infrastructure for the OpenAI research organization. Projects like ChatGPT, plugins, browsing, code interpreter, GPT-V and others are aligned with human intent gathered by data, both human and synthetic. The volume of data in order to train our models has grown exponentially as we develop AI systems that are aligned with human interests.
Our team designs, deploys and maintains the data infra necessary to train and process high quality data at scale from a variety of sources and is responsible for the ML data management, and tooling that are leveraged to improve overall AI models. We use data from AI trainers to power alignment with the instruction following models and to train AI to leverage web browsing when answering questions. We harness high quality data from synthetic and human experts across a variety of domains and leverage OpenAI ML models to supercharge the data collection and quality process.
About the Role
In this role, you will:
- Architect, build, and deploy the data infra and back-end systems and services that power our data generation and management platform.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, researchers, and the rest of our engineering team to create new products around emerging research capabilities and unsolved customer needs
- Iterate rapidly to improve user and developer experience while advancing scalability, performance, observability, and security
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have meaningful experience with building (and rebuilding) production systems to deliver new product capabilities and to handle increasing scale
- Care deeply about the end user experience and take pride in building products to solve customer needs
- Have a humble attitude, an eagerness to help your colleagues, and a desire to do whatever it takes to make the team succeed
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Build tools to accelerate your own (and your teammates’) workflows, but only when off-the-shelf solutions won’t do
- Are interested in and thoughtful about the impacts of AI technology (see our Charter for examples of our goals) and care deeply about the impact of ML models on people's lives; how to maximize the benefits and mitigate the possible harms.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 50% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For US Based Candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Other Jobs from OpenAI
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member