What you’ll do:
- We have lots of difficult design challenges to solve. The utilities market is complicated, outdated and process-heavy - there's an awful lot of domain modelling that we need to get right. Strong attention to detail is essential.
- We have challenging technical problems to solve; like processing tens of millions of meter readings a day. We need the right technology in place to handle this smoothly as well as feeding data into a machine learning pipeline that models and predicts consumption. Or thinking about how we adapt Kraken to improve other utilities like water and broadband.
- There's a great opportunity for disruption across the energy market. The big suppliers still dominate, but are not exactly popular. The energy landscape is changing as we move to more dis-aggregated forms of generation, with less predictability, more dynamism and smarter technology.
- You'll be working for a company that’s fighting climate change. Our generation arm is the largest investor in solar generation in the UK, and is funding wind and anaerobic digestion. As a supplier, we're helping people to use greener technology and renewable energy, all helping move the UK towards a lower carbon future.
What you’ll need:
- Good communication in English - other languages such as German, French, Italian or Spanish is a plus
- A general interest in technology and problem-solving; someone diligent and thoughtful. It would be helpful to have experience/expertise in the following (in rough priority order):
- Django (or equiv. web framework)
- Domain modelling
- HTTP and REST APIs
- Writing robust and fault-tolerant software
- Celery and async processing
- Terraform, Packer, Consul
- React and Redux
- An internationally positioned team with flat hierarchies and open and transparent communication
- We rely on flexible working hours
- Green energy starts with each individual: That's why you get discounted conditions for our electricity or gas tariffs.
- Share options: You will have the opportunity to participate in the international success of Octopus Energy Group Ltd. through share options.
- Language connects: Take your English skills to the next level with Busuu, our corporate language training provider
- For more exercise: Lease your favourite bicycle from us at a low price
- For a healthy work-life balance: train with Wellpass in over 6000 sports and health facilities all over Germany
- Eating makes you happy: We'll give you a monthly allowance of €100 for your daily lunch (easily via app).
- For a relaxed commute to work: We reimburse you for public transport costs
- One less thing to worry about: we'll cover some of your childcare costs
- Whether online or offline - team cohesion and joint events are part of our everyday working life
- A stylish working environment in our office in Munich's Werksviertel district
- For a secure future: the opportunity to take out a company pension scheme through us
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Octopus Energy
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee