What you'll do
- We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working as part of the backend team that provides services for our Electroverse ecosystem in the electric vehicle and electrification space. This is a scaling project which will give you the chance to have a huge impact and, given our ambitions in the electrification space, influence how the back-end grows to meet new challenges and create a wider ecosystem. Overall, you'll work with a small, high-energy project team to bring the product to life - an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business.
What you'll need
- The passion to create something amazing, and the mindset to learn and grow with the company.
- Experience in the creation of the webservice backend for a mobile or web app using Python/Django
- A strong understanding of the Python ecosystem with 2+ years of experience.
- An ability to discuss vision and features within a team and propose creative solutions
- An ability to write robust and fault-tolerant software
- Knowledge of (or a desire to learn) GraphQL APIs is a plus
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Other Jobs from Octopus Energy
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member