Who is Autonomy?
We fundamentally believe everyone should have access to mobility that is free from debt and long-term commitment. We have created the quickest and easiest way to get into an electric vehicle. Autonomy was founded by auto retail and finance disruptors, Scott Painter and Georg Bauer, who pioneered the Car-as-a-Service (CaaS) and vehicle subscription categories. Autonomy is enabling vehicle subscriptions to become a mainstream and liberating alternative to traditional car buying or leasing.
What do we offer?
- Health, vision & dental benefits with fully-covered monthly premiums for you AND your dependents
- 401k retirement program
- Unlimited PTO
- If you come into the office...free lunch
What impact will you have?
- You’ll be an integral part of the creative Android team at Autonomy and will help us develop our Android App that takes advantage of the latest trends in the Android ecosystem
- The ideal candidate is proficient in Kotlin, able to clearly communicate with other developers and non-technical teammates, and strives to constantly improve quality of engineering through code reviews, tech talks, pair programming and other collaborative practices. We value good coding practices, solid design patterns, and follow principles for sustainable technology solutions in an agile environment.You will help develop a top-tier product with excellent user experience as the main objective
What will you be responsible for?
- Own, develop, and maintain state-of-the-art Android apps
- Implement and uphold best practices on the SDLC
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program/product owners
- Be accountable for successful product delivery
- Lean in on design discussions to help drive the best experience for our users
- Help manage technical debt, bug reporting and implemented solutions / fixes
Who will be successful in this role?
- BS in Computer Sciences (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Mobile Development with focus on Android
- 2+ years of professional experience with Kotlin
- Empathetic, values-driven, and eager to contribute to a broader team culture
- Experience using MVVM architecture and state-based reactive programming
- Experience following CLEAN architecture pattern preferred
- Experience with Jetpack Compose declarative view creation preferred
- Experience using gRPC for Android preferred
- Experience implementing Notifications and In-App Purchases preferred
NextCar Holding Company, Inc. (“Autonomy”) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It's Autonomy's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Autonomy prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws. Autonomy is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
If you are a California resident, please see our CCPA Privacy Notice.
Automotive Autonomous Vehicles Subscription Service Transportation
Other Jobs from NXCR
Santa Monica, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Remote Santa Monica, CA
Remote Santa Monica, CA
San Francisco, CA