Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
About the Team
The Onboard Health team’s vision is to enable Nuro to deploy robots with confidence at scale in any scope. To achieve this goal, we focus on creating and maintaining a software framework on which autonomy modules perform reliably onboard, various offboard test frameworks to make sure autonomy software runs safely onboard, and a module management framework to enable modules to execute correctly onboard
About the Work
- Work with experts in the field of autonomous vehicles to improve system reliability, efficiency, and safety.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy software modules in self-driving systems, and/or in related platform and tools software.
- Build state-of-the-art real-time logging systems on various platforms.
- Build data pipelines to leverage data for AV reliability improvement.
- Work with autonomy teams (e.g., perception, behavior, controls) to root cause and mitigate onboard issues on the entire system.
- Strong system fundamentals and proficiency in C++
- Solid experience developing production-quality software in C/C++, Python in areas like self-driving, robotics, embedded Linux system, telecommunication, and other technology industries.
- Deep understanding on Linux operating systems.
- BS, MS or PhD in EECS, or related technical fields.
- Production coding experience with C++, with excellent coding & debugging skills
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience on complex software systems
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Linux operating systems, e.g., runtime and I/O.
- Understanding of AV Systems, e.g., software systems, networks, sensors, data logging, and compute platforms.
- Self-sufficient, product-minded and has a collaborative attitude
- excellent communication skills - both technically with other engineers, and with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience or interest in a cross-functional environment - we work with many different orgs/teams to build solutions for Nuro, our problem spaces typically require more than just software
- Knowledge of IPC Middleware frameworks e.g. ROS, ROS2, Shared Memory
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected base pay range is between $167,000 and $250,000 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Nuro
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee