Do you enjoy creating and driving a vision across multiple teams? Do you cherish discussions about complex distributed systems? Do you love data? We are looking for a Senior Principal Architect and technical leader with deep domain expertise in infrastructure and running multi-cloud ecosystems at scale! This person will help set the technical direction for New Relic by leading New Relic’s multi-cloud vision, implementation of multi-cloud solutions, global expansion, developer tooling strategy, and edge computing services around the world.
- Lead our multi-cloud platform, working across hosting teams, data platform teams, and customer facing product teams.
- Design and develop high performing, scalable, secure and fault tolerant cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with executives and engineers to build and drive a technical vision for our cloud platform.
- Establish and promote clear architectural standards.
- Help teams choose the right tools for the job at hand and utilize the chosen technologies efficiently.
- Make decisions by balancing competing priorities across the business and platform groups.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate: Architects serve as the connective tissue between teams and organizations for all technical matters.
- Providing architectural guidance and mentoring to multiple development teams
- Drive innovation by constantly looking at new technologies and frameworks that aligns with our future state vision and build reference architectures around them to evangelize across engineering teams
What your playground will look like:
- A constantly evolving architecture, with hundreds of containerized services across multiple agile teams.
- A multi-cloud environment ingesting over 3 billion data points per minute, 150 petabytes of data per month, and accepting over 70 billion HTTP requests a day from our customers.
- Java, Kafka, Istio, Kubernetes, MySQL, Postgres, Go and that’s just the beginning of the technologies in our stack!
If you are ready for this job, you have spent years building and supporting large distributed systems in the cloud. You know how to design and ship software, while also documenting it for others to understand. You keep up on tech trends and learn quickly. You enjoy technical debates while also promoting psychological safety and inclusivity.
- 8+ years of experience in building large distributed systems along with a curiosity and passion for solving complex problems within a distributed system
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting scalable, highly available and secure infrastructure on public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Ability to write code and familiar with common architecture patterns
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud deployment patterns and infrastructure as code frameworks like Terraform and Helm
- Experience with Agile and post-agile software development methodologies
- Experience and enjoyment driving large, transformational projects and a proven ability to bring disparate technical teams together around a shared architecture vision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate at both engineering and executive levels
- Ability to set ambitious goals and the drive to accomplish them
- Deep knowledge of containers, streaming platforms, databases, networking and security
- Ability and flexibility to work across multiple time zones and in a fast paced environment
- Experience with one or more of these languages: Go, Node, Python, Java, or Ruby
- Experience building tools for engineers
- Experience with telemetry, observability and analytics applications!
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to help every engineer do their best work, every day, using data, not opinions, at every stage of the software lifecycle. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. Flex First allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or hybrid.
Read more about Flex First.
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The pay range above represents a reasonable estimate of the salary for the listed position. This role is eligible for a corporate bonus plan. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related factors such as an applicant’s skills, qualifications, and experience.
New Relic provides a variety of benefits for this role, including healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave and planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, flex time-off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, and other competitive benefits designed to improve the lives of our employees.
Other Jobs from New Relic
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results