We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
Engineers on the Core Tools team work alongside incredibly diverse interdisciplinary teams. We build the essential infrastructure and tooling for neuroscientists, robotics experts, chip designers, software engineers, and more. This includes standing up and improving best-in-class open source systems as well as creating custom solutions when warranted.
As a member of our team, you will own end-to-end systems that accelerate science and engineering at the bleeding edge of discovery.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Proof of exceptional software engineering skills.
- Experience with build and release tools - CI/CD, infrastructure as code, multi-language build tools, artifact registries, etc.
- Familiarity with devops best practices.
- Flexibility to design and build different systems with the correct tools for the job
- Experience with container and container orchestration systems (e.g. K8S, ECS, Nomad, etc.).
- Experience designing and building deployment systems.
- Experience with cross language build tools (e.g. Bazel, Pants, Ninja, Please, CMake, etc.).
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience with secret management best practices and tools.
- Experience with formal verification techniques.
- Proficient in at least one system programming language.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.