Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, Taipei, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Netskope Cloud Firewall delivers Firewall as a Service (FWaaS) for egress traffic as part of SASE architecture. Users and offices connect to NewEdge, the largest private security cloud in the world for firewall protection. With Cloud Firewall, organizations improve their security posture, while reducing operational costs compared to traditional hardware appliances.
What's in it for you
You will be a member of the Quality engineering team using state of the art tools and technologies to test, qualify and benchmark a performant and scalable system that processes customer traffic at cloud-scale. As a QE engineer you should understand the technology, customer usecases, and come up with a robust test plan which covers functionality, E2E and solution test scenarios. You will also automate all variations of testsl. You will participate in design discussions, understand usecases, provide feedback at solution level, challenge the design to think about corner cases etc.
What you will be doing
- Involve in requirements/design discussions with Product managers & development team.
- Design test plans & test strategy documents for the Netskope solutions/features and closely work with the development team to cover all aspects of the features being developed.
- Execution of tests and reporting.
- Development of automation scripts in parallel to feature development to enable CI/CD. (i.e Day0 Automation)
- Identify, evaluate and propose new test tools for improving product testing.
- Work closely with the technical support team to handle customer escalations by reproducing the issues internally. Analyze the test gaps that resulted in customer issues and improve test plan/strategy.
- E2E ownership from feature testing to production deployment to monitoring & alerting.
- Identify gaps in the regression test automation and improve automation coverage.
Required skills and experience
- Solid understanding of Networking protocols at layers like L2, L3 and TCP/IP is a must.
- Understanding of HTTP/S and exposure to L4-L7 protocols will be a bonus.
- Exposure to SWG/WebProxy, & Network/Application Security/Firewalls is desired.
- Strong expertise in Python automation & building test frameworks.
- Cloud Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Opensource technologies).
- Strong expertise in RESTful Web Service automation
- Good working experience in CI/CD.
- System/server side experience for troubleshooting.
- Technical know-how of build and repo management tools with overall testing cycle.
- Self-starter with desire to work in a fast paced environment with cross-timezone teams.
- Candidate should have an attitude of “go and get it done” and should exhibit it in day-2-day work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bonus points for experience with Ansible, Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL datastores, CI/CD, Jenkins
- BE in CS or equivalent required, ME/M Tech/MS in CS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
Other Jobs from Netskope
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member