As a senior member of the Core Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for architecting the next generation of the Moveworks AI infrastructure. As Moveworks grows fast, the infrastructure team is tasked with designing and operating reliable and resilient foundational services as well as frameworks that allow our product to scale seamlessly and our engineering teams to build customer facing features very rapidly.
We’re building a team that indexes on moving fast, solving challenging product/engineering problems and providing value to our customers. To be successful, you'll be partnering with machine learning, search, product, data, and full stack teams to identify, define and build elegant solutions. This is an opportunity to play an integral role at the fastest-growing AI startup in its space.
Who we are:
Moveworks is the copilot platform for automating employee support, empowering our customer’s workforce to converse with all of their business systems through natural language. Powered by the world’s most advanced LLMs and our proprietary MoveLM models, our copilot enables users to search information, automate tasks, and create content with generative AI.
Brands such as Databricks, Broadcom, DocuSign, and Palo Alto Networks leverage Moveworks to automate L1 support, enhance the employee experience, and navigate critical business initiatives.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the 2023 Forbes Cloud 100 list as well as the Forbes AI 50 list for five consecutive years, while also earning recognition as the winner of the 2023 Edison Awards for AI Optimized Productivity, and as the Best Bot Solution at the 2022 AI Breakthrough Awards.
Moveworks has over 500 employees in six offices around the world, and is backed by some of the world's most prominent investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, Bain Capital Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Iconiq, and more.
Come join one of the most innovative teams on the planet!
What you’ll do:
- Closely work with machine learning, search, product, data, and frontend teams, understand their infrastructure needs, influence infrastructure roadmap, and lead as well as execute on various projects
- Architect and build out the core infrastructure and foundational functionalities such as distributed key value store, schema-less data store, authentication and authorization, event streaming, distributed configuration management and hot reloading, rate limiting and circuit breaking, system for feature flags and A/B testing, traffic capture and replay, etc.
- Improve observability and reliability of Moveworks systems by building and enhancing distributed logging, tracing, monitoring, and alerting infrastructure
- Define methodologies and metrics to measure performance of microservices and product functionalities, identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as improve overall performance and scalability of Moveworks applications
- Regularly deliver deadline sensitive work that is interdependent with other engineering teams
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining backend distributed systems
- Familiarity with Python/Golang/Java/C++
- Experience with containers/Docker, and with cloud infrastructure like AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience working with and operating open source technologies like Kafka, Elasticsearch or Opensearch, Istio, etc.
- Desire to work at a startup pace in a small company with a high degree of ownership
- Experience solving for performance, optimization, scalability, latency, and monitoring
- Strong motivation, gumption, and an appetite for continuous, incremental changes and completing challenging projects fast
- BS+ in computer science or a related field
- High level of curiosity about engineering outside of your immediate discipline and an incessant desire to learn
Base Compensation Range: 200,000-249,000
*Our total compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions or bonus plans.
Ultimately, in determining pay, final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, the role’s scope and complexity, the candidate’s experience and expertise, and other factors.
Moveworks Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
*Moveworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Other Jobs from Moveworks
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member