Our Component Engineering Team is searching for an experienced Component Engineer to be focused and responsible for requirements, guidelines, component readiness, verification & validation, and testing of the safety critical compute platforms being used as a part of Motional's Autonomous Driving programs, control units and high performance components. You will be also responsible for developing test plans, building and implementing test fixtures, performing and documenting tests, and deriving engineering and operational requirements.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build the component requirements and guidelines
- Ensure all deliverables with major development milestones along the program
- Ensure the compliance of components with the proposed guidelines and regulations
- Build the sub-system bench and operate the bench with the boundary components
- Design and implement test plans and procedures for Autonomous Vehicle sensors, control units and high performance control platforms
- Design, build, and maintain Electrical and/or mechanical test bench used in testing
- Develop tools and processes to repeatedly automate testing
- Create test cases to understand behavior, performance, and limitations of Autonomous Vehicle ECUs and sensors
- Perform testing activities on Autonomous Vehicle components in both lab setting and on-road vehicle environment
- Test a multiple layer of HW's and HW bring-up
- Documentation and reporting of test setup, test plans, and test results
- Failure analysis and debugging of degraded or failed ECUs and sensors
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of ECU, sensor-level development or integration experience for one or more of the automotive and/or Autonomous Vehicle(AV) sensors, control units and high performance control platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of Autonomous Vehicle technology, and other vehicle systems such as ADAS, ICU, Chassis, CAN networks, domain ECUs etc
- Experience with requirement compliance, issue-tracking and task management software platform such as JIRA, Jama, Polarion, Confluence, Testrail
- Electrical testing for ECU, High Computing Devices, Sensors
- Root-cause analysis experience, particularly with automotive ECUs and sensors
- Basic knowledge and experience of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, Ethernet, GMSL etc)
- Experience with environmental and/or shock/vibration testing and EMC
- Lab equipment experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes function generators and multimeters is a plus
- PCB level testing and HW Bring-Up experiences are a plus
- Experience in automotive OEMs, Tier1 or Tier2 is a plus
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to create a compute product from scratch with immediate application across multiple levels of AV technology
- Ability to go fast like a startup with the leverage of strong parent companies
- You will help shape the industry by defining what we build and who we partner with
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. We’re driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren't just developing driverless cars; we're creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
We’re creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; it’s not only good for our business, it’s the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. We’re driven to scale; we’re moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Other Jobs from Motional
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results