Your expertise writing robust software can make a key contribution to one of our core autonomous vehicle teams, motion planning & controls. The software you’ll write will go directly on production ready autonomous vehicles and impact how they decide to drive.
Our Motion Planning teams receive inputs on the many things going on around the vehicle (perception, localization, mapping) and then decides precisely what is the best plan and decisions to make in real time. An example of motion planning includes building routes, navigating traffic, braking, acceleration, turning, lane-change among other actions, all while trying to optimize safety & comfort.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow in robotics, including:
- Learning how full end-to-end robotics systems work
- Research and apply Motion Planning and Controls concepts in production-level software
- Test code for autonomous vehicles in real-time environments
- Build next generation software architecture for Motion Planner including how planner communicates with infrastructure layer/car.
- Advise algorithmic domain experts on their software design
Our software developers practice clean and scalable code, which includes:
- Large groups of developers working on a shared codebase, documentation, and testing
- Complex software projects with multiple processes and modules interaction
- Design patterns
- Codebase refactoring
- Realizing cutting edge robotics algorithms with limited compute resources in real-time/soft real-time environment
Software development practices:
- Unit testing
- Version control
- Familiarity with modern C++ features
- Providing/receiving code reviews
The experience we are looking for / our interview process will evaluate:
- C++ software design, algorithm implementation, debugging
- Background in software development environment(s) that include some of the aspects mentioned above (Our software developers…section)
- Python (bonus)
- Background in Robotics/Automation (optional)
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Applied Math, or related field
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Sciences data structure and algorithms. Familiarity with graph search based concepts and basic geometry.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. We’re driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren't just developing driverless cars; we're creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
We’re creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; it’s not only good for our business, it’s the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. We’re driven to scale; we’re moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Other Jobs from Motional
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee