On our Motion Planning team you'll provide leadership, perform research, and write scalable software that decides how our autonomous vehicles should move with safety, comfort, and intuition in mind. Specific domains to associate with our multiple motion planning teams include behavior, navigation, path, and route planning. Model predictive control & trajectory optimization. Machine learning for motion planning. You’ll have the ability to impact one or multiple teams.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform research and build algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Integrate and evaluate combinations of motion planning and prediction algorithms
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Use software development expertise to teach others best software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for motion planning and decision-making modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with other key modules such as localization, control, perception, and prediction.
- Be a lead member of the team providing mentorship and contributing to technical strategy, with or without direct reports.
- Guide and mentor team members to develop a culture of product focused engineering, research, and development.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years research and development experience in robotics / motion planning
- 8+ years C++ software development
- Past experience leading technical teams on features from problem formulation through design, implementation, and deployment
- Experience in Machine Learning is a bonus: deep learning, Python, PyTorch, planning under uncertainty, prediction
- Education: Masters or PhD degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. We’re driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren't just developing driverless cars; we're creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
We’re creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; it’s not only good for our business, it’s the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. We’re driven to scale; we’re moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Other Jobs from Motional
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member