We believe that AI is a net positive force in the world. Our vision and mission are to help rebuild AI infrastructure to advance humanity and our environment. We will do whatever it takes to empower our customers, team, and company to benefit from that pursuit. You can read about our culture and careers here to understand how we work and what we value.
We are owners and advocates for the underlying technologies, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure. These essential building blocks form the high-quality and coherent experiences our users expect. We aim to drive the pace of innovation for every AI/ML developer.
About the role:
At Modular, we are building a next generation AI/ML platform that "just works" across cloud environments, and compute hardware types (CPU, GPU, AI accelerators). A critical component in this vision is a rich and fully-featured developer console, with an ability to access and configure all services as well as visualize usage and ML pipeline details. This role is focused on building out this developer console, spanning front-end and back-end services. You will closely collaborate with the product, design and other engineering teams to build a global scale, highly performant, usability focused web application accessible across various device form factors.
LOCATION: Candidates based in the US or Canada are welcome to apply. You can work remotely from home.
What you will do:
- Design and implement a global scale, high-performance, usability-focused web application, in close collaboration with product, design (UX & UI) teams
- Drive requirements for, as well as design and implement, APIs for backend services
- Design, implement and improve underlying infrastructure for APIs and services, including load balancing, security scanning, observability, supply chain controls and more
- Develop an understanding of specific needs in the AI/ML space, and improve services to meet specific user expectations or support specific user journeys
- Promote usability and accessibility best practices
- Drive excellence in graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience working in a front end or full stack role
- Proficient in TypeScript for modern web development
- Experience with a framework such as React (preferred), Vue, Ember, or Angular
- Understanding of layout and styling with proficiency in HTML and CSS, with Sass a plus
- Experienced and proficient in all aspects of web development lifecycle, including version control (git), CI/CD pipelines, testing, and deployments
- Experience with API design and development, ideally with some Node JS experience
- Devotion to quality and engineering excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strongly identifies with our core company cultural values
The estimated base salary range for this role to be performed in the US, regardless of the state, is $135,000.00 - $242,000.00 USD.
The salary for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of permissible, non-discriminatory job-related factors, which include but are not limited to education, training, work experience, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future. The total compensation for a candidate will also include annual target bonus, equity, and benefits, with equity making up a significant portion of your total compensation.
For candidates who fall outside of the listed requirements, we nevertheless encourage you to apply as we may have openings that are lower/higher level than the ones advertised.
What Modular brings to the table:
- Amazing Team. We are a progressive and agile team with some of the industry’s best engineering and product leaders.
- Flexible Location. We want you to work where you are most productive and we are a remote-first company. We have offices in Palo Alto, CA and Seattle, WA for collaboration, and will open more next year.
- World-class Benefits. In order to attract the best, we need to offer the best. Premier insurance plans, up to 5% 401k matching, very generous WFH setup stipends, flexible paid time off, and more are available to you! Please note that specific benefit packages may vary based on your location.
- Competitive Compensation. We offer very strong compensation packages, including stock options. We want people to be focused on their best work and believe in tailoring compensation plans to meet the needs of our workforce.
- Team Building Events. We organize regular team onsites and local meetups in different cities.
Working at Modular will enable you to grow quickly as you work alongside incredibly motivated and talented people who have high standards, possess a growth mindset, and a purpose to truly change the world.
Modular is proud to emphasize an equal opportunity, safe environment for people to do their best work. Modular is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, please let your recruiter know, and we will work with you to meet your needs in compliance with the ADA.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Other Jobs from Modular
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member