At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
In May 2022, Mashgin closed a Series B funding round at a $1.5B valuation. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Matrix Partners, NEA and Y Combinator. Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. We have 2,000+ locations world wide with customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, Circle K, ampm, Aramark and Compass Group.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
Mashgin is looking for a smart, driven engineer who’s fascinated by the latest developments in ML/AI and is looking for the best areas to apply them. You’ll work on a small dynamic team to design and implement state of the art deep learning techniques for Mashgin products. We have the unique opportunity to gather large, proprietary datasets from multiple industries where critical real-world problems have been identified. It will be you and your team’s job to turn this data into automated solutions.
You Will Be
- Developing solutions for real-world computer vision problems
- Working with the product team to come up with innovative ways to collect large data sets for training AI systems or generating equivalent synthetic data
- Finding the optimal balance between doing longer term research and applying research results to production code
- Researching and building state-of-the-art ML/CV algorithms to analyze 2D/3D image data
- 5+ years relevant coding experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Strong background in Machine Learning or Computer Vision
- Excellent knowledge of either Python or C/C++
- MS/PhD degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, AI, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Strong understanding of ML techniques such as CNNs, supervised and unsupervised learning, optimization techniques, etc
- Experience with one or more of popular Deep Learning frameworks such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, shipping quality code quickly and iterating
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
$250,000 - $600,000 a year
For roles based in Palo Alto, CA, the overall market range for Mashgin is typically $250,000 - $600,000 USD annually. Note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other relevant factors. This estimate excludes the value of any benefits offered by Mashgin, and the potential future value of any other long-term incentives.
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
3D Technology Computer Vision Retail Technology Software