Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
Markforged is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Quality Engineer to join our team onsite at our contract manufacturer (CM) in Modi'in, Israel. This role will focus primarily on quality assurance and will serve as the key quality contact for the Markforged Operations Team in the region. The successful candidate will be integral in ensuring the highest standards of quality are maintained in all our product launches and manufacturing processes.
- Serve as the quality expert co-located with the contract manufacturer to develop strong supplier relationships and uphold Markforged’s quality standards.
- Act as the primary quality interface with the Markforged corporate quality team, representing quality engineering onsite in Israel.
- Lead quality initiatives for new product introductions, ensuring compliance with design for manufacturability and assembly (DFM/DFA) principles.
- Implement and oversee quality control fixtures, equipment, and processes specific to Markforged at the contract manufacturer.
- Collaborate closely with the Operations Program Manager on product transfer to the contract manufacturer for volume production.
- Drive continuous improvement in product quality and manufacturing processes, working with the CM to identify and resolve quality gaps.
- Develop, write, and maintain quality processes and procedures in alignment with the corporate operations team.
- Serve as the primary contact for escalating manufacturing and quality issues identified by the contract manufacturer.
- Conduct root cause analysis and develop reports on manufacturing defects from customer feedback and internal findings in coordination with the corporate quality team.
- Oversee incoming quality inspections and perform audits to ensure the CM’s suppliers adhere to Markforged and industry standards.
- Regularly audit the contract manufacturer’s production quality and related documentation, maintaining databases for quality findings and root cause analyses.
- Lead corrective action implementation with CM teams to address quality issues.
- Assume additional responsibilities and tasks as required to support the Markforged Corporate Quality team’s objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5-7 years of related experience in a quality engineering role.
- Extensive experience working within a Quality Management System.
- Proven background in performing DFM/DFA for electromechanical products.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing best practices and a strong technical troubleshooting mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as a self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of building effective cross-functional organizational networks for quick issue resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical issues in simple terms.
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
Other Jobs from Markforged
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial