At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization. Our Infrastructure team is passionate about building software to solve problems at massive scale. We do this often, and when we believe our solution is worth sharing with the community, such as Envoy Proxy, we open source our ideas for the benefit of others.
As a Infrastructure Engineer at Lyft, you will run our Production Infrastructure by monitoring system availability and take a holistic view of our platform health. You will build software and platforms to automate infrastructure platform operations and management. By measuring and monitoring our operations you will seek opportunities to optimize our systems in order to push our platform forward, anticipating our customers' needs in order to continually improve the platform. You will provide Lyft partner teams with operational support to help them build robust large scale distributed systems.
About the team
Data Pipelines is at the heart of all critical data flowing through Lyft supporting hundreds of services that impact millions of drivers and passengers every day. We support Kafka as our primary data streaming platform and offer a number of services to manage data and make it available to our internal customers.
- Maintain and analyze metrics from; operating systems; control planes; and applications to assist in fault detection and performance enhancement
- Design, develop and deploy tooling and systems that continually improve the reliability, scalability and efficiency of our platform
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with service-level objectives
- Operate and improve our Infrastructure using industry best practices and tools
- Participate in design and production readiness reviews, platform management and capacity planning ceremonies with cross-functional teams
- Document Infrastructure operations process and insights, identify repeatable actions and ruthlessly automate repetitive tasks
- Participate in our teams on-call rotations, respond to incidents and support other teams mitigate customer impacting events
- 5+ years experience working on teams responsible for software development, automation and systems engineering
- Ability to create production ready code in one or more high level languages, such as Go Lang, Python
- Experience operating large scale infrastructure in public cloud environments, such as AWS
- Prior infra experience with infra tooling (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc preferably in an AWS context)
- Experience identifying nascent problems, performance bottlenecks and areas for improvement and developing and executing plans to mitigate them
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
Other Jobs from Lyft
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee