At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft Media is an emerging line of business within Lyft, focused on building the world's largest transportation advertising network. We build products that allow brands to engage with our unique audience throughout riders’ transportation journeys. Our digital assets include in-car screens and in-app ad products, while our out-of-home (OOH) assets include rooftop screens and bikeshare ad panels.
We are looking for a product manager who brings exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward the operations technology (Ops Tech) that supports our best-in-class products. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, research, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. As a product manager for Lyft Media, you will help us innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced team and be based out of our New York City or San Francisco office.
As the Product Manager on Ops Tech, specifically, you will own the development and forward-looking vision for the platform that ensures thousands of hardware devices remain up, running, and able to serve ads; the behind-the-scenes operational tools that ensure an efficient and frictionless management experience for those devices; and the interfaces and systems that ensure a rewarding and frictionless experience for Lyft drivers employing those devices.
- Help develop the high-level strategy and objectives for our Ops Tech team
- Build a roadmap and lead a core team of engineers, designers, data scientists, and researchers to achieve it
- Clearly communicate priorities, problems, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences, from partner teams to executives
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation through development, launch, growth, and maintenance
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics, and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Align cross functional partners and teams beyond your immediate development team to drive a shared vision. For example, Global Supply Management, Driver Experience, Operations, and Product Marketing
- Serve as a champion of our drivers, operators, and advertisers, and advocate for their needs at all levels of the company
- 2+ years of experience in product management, product design, or software engineering at a high-growth technology company
- Experience working with hardware products and marketplaces. Experience with ad tech products preferred but not required
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level — within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected base pay range for this position in the San Francisco is $139,000 - $155,000.. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Other Jobs from Lyft
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member