At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is developing the future of micro-mobility and we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to come in and help drive the development of our newest vehicles and sustain our fleet in operation.
- Ensure product quality and reliability for sustaining products already deployed in the field as well as New Product Introduction (NPI) products
- Prepare concise and detailed reliability test plans, inspection criteria and test reports
- Communicate reliability program status and progress across all levels of the organization
- Develop new reliability tests, procedures, and specifications
- Analyze experimental data to provide in-depth understanding of design features
- Perform hands on failure analysis to root cause test failures, or coordinate and review 3rd party lab failure analysis such as optical microscopy, x-ray or CT scans, SEM, FTIR, mass spectrometry, etc
- Analyze designs, assess failure modes and provide engineering feedback to multi-disciplinary teams to improve product reliability and drive corrective actions
- Perform/manage environmental and mechanical stress tests including, but not limited to, shock, drop, vibration, temperature, cycling, salt spray and IP testing.
- Improve lab capability as well as development/design of test equipment and jigs; either hands-on, in-house or outsourced
- Be responsible for qualifying alternate source components for vehicle, station, and battery products
- Partner with technicians and overseas suppliers to execute and document test plans
- Use data from our shared micromobility fleets to refine and improve internal reliability test standards
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in reliability testing including mechanical stress tests, shock/drop/vibration testing and environmental testing
- Experience with materials characterization and analytical techniques (e.g. optical microscopy, X-Ray, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XPS, etc.)
- Experience working with FMEA, DOE, data interpretation and SPC analysis (e.g. Weibull++, JMP) GR&R
- Knowledge of Industry Test Standards (JEDEC, ASTM, IEEE, etc)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including emails, preparing slide presentations and presenting technical concepts to multi-disciplinary teams
- Detail oriented and capable of handling multiple assignments at once
- Experience collaborating with Asian manufacturing facilities
- Practical hands-on experience running tests, assembly/disassembly, light fabrication
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected range of pay for this position in the US is $139,000 - $155,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Other Jobs from Lyft
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member