At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Data Analyst for its Compliance team. If you want to help Lyft change the transportation industry and enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems, this team is for you!
As a Compliance Data Analyst, you will develop a deep understanding of the processes Lyft has in place to meet its regulatory obligations around the country. You will be a key member of the Compliance Analytics team responsible for hunting out any gaps in our data processes and helping the Compliance team find solutions to close those gaps. You will write queries and create data pipelines to deliver accurate and impactful data to regulatory bodies across the U.S and Canada. You will work with colleagues across the Compliance Team to facilitate audits, document processes, and respond to data requests from regulators. This role reports to the Manager, Compliance Analytics.
- Partner with teams across Legal, Product, Science, Engineering, Airports, Bikes & Scooters, Finance and Operations to design a robust reporting and analytics system
- Define metrics and produce accurate reports and data analysis in a timely manner to meet contractual and regulatory requirements
- Work proactively to improve our existing reporting processes to make us faster, leaner, and more accurate
- Utilize data tools to analyze the business impact of compliance obligations
- Support Compliance team in external auditing data requests
- Develop analytical frameworks through automation to proactively monitor data reporting solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- 3+ years of relevant experience:
- Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
- Delivering business intelligence and data visualization dashboard solutions
- Looker or Tableau data visualization design and development
- Proficiency in advanced SQL using Presto/Trino or similar query engine - able to write structured, complex and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience with Python/R or other statistical programming language
- Experience with git/github or other version control software
- Knowledge of ETL concepts and data warehousing procedures, knowledge of Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of Tableau or any other data analysis dashboard is preferred
- Ability to analyze and quickly understand processes in order to appropriately determine whether objectives and goals have been met
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Drive to provide accurate results as quickly as possible and continuously iterate and improve existing processes
- Ability to communicate complex data and analytics concepts to a non-technical audience
- Quality Assurance experience is a plus
- Passion for Lyft and the ridesharing community
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected base pay range for this position in the San Francisco area is $106,875 - $118,750. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.
Other Jobs from Lyft
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member