Wanna join the adventure?
Loft Orbital is looking for a Test Infrastructure Engineer to be part of the team building and maintaining all of Loft’s test benches internationally, across our San Francisco, CA, Golden, CO and Toulouse, France sites.
This role is pivotal to our success as it is responsible for supporting with the build of our test infrastructure and the tools for automating both our hardware and software testing. Sitting between the spacecraft and all the other teams, this person will have a big impact helping make sure that every element of our satellites, be it hardware or software work, without any bugs.
On a day to day basis, this person will be hands-on with the flight hardware, building the spacecraft in a server rack and running code on it, developing APIs, as well as managing the team’s work load. 🛰️
Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Deploy and manage the virtual and physical test assets
- Maintain Loft automated test tools (CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab), processes, and physical assets (hardware-in-the-loop test benches)
- Working with multiple internal stakeholders to gather requirements
- Develop and implement improvements to test infrastructure
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively communicate issues and solutions
- Familiarity with Linux system management
- Recent Python experience
- Competency with one or more scripting languages
- Scrappy and inventive: you will be working with cutting edge technologies and proprietary tools
- Hands-on experience involving embedded hardware, such Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, microcontrollers, or similar (can be personal or professional experience)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with one or more continuous integration tools
- Understanding of how to create, configure, and manage Docker containers
- Recent experience setting up Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- Aptitude for gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders and implementing test infrastructure improvements
- Ability to set up automated hardware in the loop (HIL) test benches
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.