Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to join the ranks of a brilliant, high performance team, deploying cutting-edge technology to address real-world logistics challenges for major global brands.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for the overall quality assurance management of Locus suppliers. This position will have oversight and input into supplier selection, measurement, and development of suppliers in partnership with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, and Operations. Heavy focus will be on problem solving, lean concepts, and continuous improvement. This is a technical role requiring electro/mechanical competency in related commodities.
- Using various problem-solving methodologies, will measure, analyze and improve supplier performance and reduce/eliminate supplier non-conformances.
- Plan and conduct risk-based assessments including onsite certification of product and processes. Define mitigation plans and drive implementation of controls within the supply chain.
- Work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Field Service, Operations, Supply Chain and Quality to understand quality trends and drive root cause analysis and closed loop corrective action with suppliers.
- Work with the Quality, Operations and Supply Chain to improve the data management system with reporting that covers supplier qualification, supplier performance, and supplier continuous improvement programs.
- Perform as technical expert within a given commodity and represent the requirements and capabilities of that commodity with a focus on enabling optimized supplier performance. This includes first article and source inspections.
Support internal processes as related to the quality function including coordinating all supplier level communication for quality issues. This includes new part qualification and disposition, analysis, and resolution of discrepant material.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related technical/engineering experience, with a background in electro-mechanical, electronics assembly process, GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance), methods in mechanical design evaluation and measurement methods for sheet metal, machining, casting, injection molding and welding.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing electromechanical assembly contract manufacturers.
- Understanding of SMT, wave solder processes, ICT, Flying Probe, AOI inspection, IPC 600, IPC 610, and IPC 620 is desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency performing PPAP’s.
- Team Oriented Problem Solving using globally accepted methodologies such as 8D, CAPA, DMAIC, PDCA, FMEA, DOE, FTA, etc.
- Lean Sigma experience, familiarity with concepts such as 6S, VSM, Kaizen, OEE, standardized work, TAKT Time etc.
- Strong system background based on experience with globally accepted quality system standards such as ISO9001, ISO13485, TS16949 or equivalent.
- Knowledge and application of statistics with a clear understanding of SPC, process capability, Cpk, MSA, regression analysis, hypothesis testing, sampling, etc.
Travel requirements up to 40% and primarily regional.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer