In this role, you will:
- Own mechanical designs from concept through production
- Focus your time approximately 75% on design and 25% on analysis
- Create CAD 3D models and 2D drawings (SolidWorks)
- Perform thermal and structural analysis using FEA and CFD (SolidWorks and Ansys)
- Conduct trade studies and lead design reviews
- Manage project schedule and tasks including build events
- Release design documentation to internal and external teams
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on requirements, architectures, and roadmaps
- Guide and mentor other mechanical engineers
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. Strong CAD experience with packages such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, and/or Creo.
- A technical leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from Concept to Production.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard. You have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes for both low and high volume production.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
Other Jobs from Kodiak Robotics
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member