Karen Clark & Company (KCC) professionals are globally recognized experts in catastrophe risk modeling and quantifying the impacts of critical environmental factors such as climate change. Our PhD level scientists and engineers have created the most scientifically advanced and accurate catastrophe risk models for all types of extreme events, including wildfires, floods, hurricanes, and earthquakes.
KCC is seeking experienced and motivated software engineers for our RiskInsight® application team. RiskInsight is a computationally intensive distributed platform used by entities around the world for analyzing climate change and catastrophe risk. Working with our multi-disciplinary team of experts, you will be a key player in quantifying and mitigating the global impacts of extreme events.
- Take ownership of application functionality and performance.
- Ensure compatibility with crucial components across the entire RiskInsight platform.
- Work with large data sets, including property exposure, atmospheric and climate data.
- Research, design, document, implement, and test cloud native and distributed systems.
- Advance the leading-edge of catastrophe risk modeling and risk management.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt within a changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- 3+ years of experience with developing modern SaaS applications
- Proficient in building, testing, and deploying production quality applications and REST APIs
- Experience working with AWS services such as Lambda, RDS, API gateway a plus
- Communicative and a team player.
- Comfortable receiving and giving feedback on code reviews with team members at all levels.
- Advanced degree in a scientific or engineering field a plus
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member