- Take ownership of one or more critical subsystems of RI/3G ranging from Interactive Cartographic Mapping, Financial Calculators, Characteristic Event Intensity Field Generation for hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc., BI Layers, Distributing Computing, client-specific Translation and Transport subsystem, to name just a few
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure enhancements are both backward compatible and extensible
- Regardless of the subsystem, must be able to work on extending front-end, middle-layer, and back-end components of a Windows application using Microsoft technologies. In short, you must see yourself as a well-rounded expert in C#.Net, Windows GUI, and SQL Server technologies
- Must be flexible, a good listener, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ambitious enough to take ownership of critical subsystems yet collaborate effectively with other team members representing various disciplines
- MS/BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong (5+ years) of hands-on software development working in C# with .NET
- Experience with IIS and Windows system programming
- Hands-on experience developing multi-threading/distributed computing applications
- Hands-on experience developing applications based on SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture)
- Experience creating a framework, application blocks, or API’s for application developers to create applications
- Object oriented design expertise
- Experience with high performance computing
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and people skills
Karen Clark & Company (KCC) is the innovation and technology leader in catastrophe risk modeling. KCC professionals are globally recognized experts in catastrophe modeling and risk management. From our headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, we provide advanced models, innovative software, and comprehensive consulting services to (re)insurance company executives nationwide. These services enhance business strategies, and the financial results put our clients at a competitive advantage. KCC catastrophe models currently cover tropical cyclones, extratropical cyclones, severe convective storms, floods, earthquakes, winter storms, and wildfires in over 50 countries. For more information, please visit www.kcc.us.com.
Jobs from our Partners
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee