Welcome to Intro, the best way to book world class experts and get advice over a video call.
We’re a mission driven company
We believe that access to people and knowledge can unlock human potential. Whether it’s learning how to perform an exercise from a top fitness trainer or getting business advice from a successful entrepreneur, access and information can improve your life and the lives of others. That is why our mission is to give everyone access to anyone.
The founding team
Our founder and CEO previously built an operating system that was acquired by Intuit and became the new QuickBooks Online. Our CTO previously built a marketplace that was used by millions of people and generated over $100m in GMV. We love working on BIG problems for a LOT of people and believe that Intro will be the most impactful yet.
Come build Intro with us and help us accelerate our mission to give everyone access to anyone.
We’re backed by Andreessen Horowitz (A16Z), Alexis Ohanian (founder of Reddit), Tiffany Haddish, Kevin Durant, and a group of world class investors.
Based in California, but work from anywhere
We’re a fully distributed team that deeply cares about producing high quality results. The founders live in LA, but you can live anywhere. We care about hiring people that are talented, believe in the mission, and are good human beings.
Why work with us?
On your first day, we’ll do a few exercises to help you identify your life goals. We’ll ask questions like “what do you imagine your life looking like if you achieved all of your goals” and “why are those goals important to you?” Once we identify those goals, they become our goals and we will work together to help make them a reality.
Next, we’ll ask you about things that matter to you in the short term. These could be things like a gym membership, meditation classes, or an allowance to attend concerts (when they come back). It’s an open ended exercise and we’ll come up with a perks package that makes you feel valued. Please note, we cannot buy you a ticket on a SpaceX rocket. It’s been asked!
Finally, here are the things you’ll definitely get: competitive salary, equity, health insurance, apple equipment, company trips and events, allowances, unlimited vacation days, unlimited sick days, recharge days, and more.
- Impress the customer
- Be successful as a company
- Be creative, inventive, and scrappy
- Keep it simple and execute
- Take a moment to understand others
- Feedback should make us stronger, not weaker
- Stay grateful
- Own and deliver consumer and expert facing features, from ideation to implementation to rollout
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices
- Identify, evaluate & define improvements to the existing infrastructure and product
- Work with marketing to define and capture data for A/B testing, business insights, and product features
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for building features end-to-end, who’s comfortable building frontend features but not afraid to jump into backend code as needed. We have a large scope and you’ll be able work across surfaces to drive the most impact. This role taps into many parts of our product including our product page, booking flow, pricing features, discounts, expert settings, search pipeline, and more; all towards building the best possible experience for consumers and experts. There’s a lot of opportunity for you to influence our direction, both on the product and technical side. As a senior engineer on the team we’d look to you to help shape our future direction
The person in the role
- You deeply care about design
- You have a good sense of engineering fundamentals, and are passionate about building high quality software. We believe people should love doing the work they do
- You are experienced with web backends, frontend development, and developer tools. We want you to uphold our high engineering standards and improve code quality and streamline processes
- You take end-to-end ownership of your work and are comfortable making code changes across the stack when needed
- You can collaborate with non-engineering stakeholders to unblock yourself and make sure you're building the right thing
- You can communicate and educate
- You deeply care about the customers
- You deeply care about working with excellent teammates
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree. Preferably in CS, or equivalent experience, but not required
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g. server-driven UI, well-designed APIs, SOA)
- Experience working in a modern frontend stack (JS, TypeScript, React, Next, Tailwind)
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
Intro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, to do impactful work together.