Join INTERACTIVE BROKERS team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
The trade surveillance group is looking for a python engineer to develop highly automated and scalable processes that scan order activity and trades to detect potential market manipulation and money laundering in addition to other regulatory/criminal violations. We currently process more than 1 billion order events and 3 million trades per day for over 2 million customer accounts. As a member of the group, you will implement, optimize, and scale our processes to handle new requirements as well as our anticipated large growth in customer activity.
You will be responsible for:
- Creation, optimization, and extension of trade surveillance processes
- Building infrastructure services to support our market surveillance system
- Participating in code reviews via a git/gerrit workflow
- Take ownership of internal user issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
You are someone who will have:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, or related area
- 1-3 years of professional experience with Linux operating systems
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python as a primary language (non-scripting)
- Extensive experience with pandas/numpy
- Thorough understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with large python code bases
- High attention to detail
Good to Haves:
- Experience with data engineering
- Knowledge of finance
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Java or C++
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IBKR) is a global financial services company headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA, with offices in over 15 countries. We have been at the forefront of financial innovation for over four decades, known for our cutting-edge technology and client commitment.
IBKR affiliates provide global electronic brokerage services around the clock on stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds, and funds to clients in over 200 countries and territories. We serve individual investors and institutions, including financial advisors, hedge funds and introducing brokers. Our advanced technology, competitive pricing, and global market help our clients to make the most of their investments.
Barron's has recognized Interactive Brokers as the #1 online broker for six consecutive years. Join our dynamic, multi-national team and be a part of a company that simplifies and enhances financial opportunities using state-of-the-art technology.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Interactive Brokers Group
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee