ID.me is a high-growth enterprise software company that simplifies how people prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button. ID.me’s digital identity network has over 117 million registered members, and is used by fourteen federal agencies, agencies in 30 states and over 600 corporations for secure identity proofing and verification.
ID.me’s technology meets the federal standards for consumer authentication set by the Commerce Department and is approved as a NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 / AAL2 credential service provider by the Kantara Initiative. In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand digital access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to identity verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me has received numerous awards including Deloitte’s 2023 Technology Fast 500, Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies and Wall Street Journal’s Startup of the Year finalist. In recent quarters, ID.me announced it raised $132 million in Series D funding, led by Viking Global Investors with participation from CapitalG, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint, FTV Capital, PSP Growth, Auctus Investment Group, Moonshots Capital, and Scout Ventures. ID.me’s most recent round brings the total investment in ID.me to over $275 million since its founding in 2010.
ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer VI with a background in identity to join our Wallet team. In this role, you will set the technical roadmap for the ID.me Wallet organization and will own building our next-generation identity verification products, and services for more than 100 million ID.me members. You will work closely with cross functional teams, including engineering, product, data, operations, and senior leadership to achieve your goals.
Wallet is our core product domain at ID.me, and this role will have the opportunity to build products and features at scale that drive the future innovation of our identity products. We’ll be leveraging your contributions to drive incremental improvements to our applications as we build out additional capabilities and systems, so the ability to balance short term benefits without compromising long term design are crucial to success in this position.
- Set the architectural vision and technical roadmap for the ID.me Wallet - owning all parts of the application stack and being the technical leader for 30+ engineers
- Transform ID.me Wallet for the 100+ million ID.me user base through architecture and application design across the full suite of identity products - web, app, email
- Develop, articulate, and iterate a a long-term vision, and deliver impactful results through key milestones (i.e., days/weeks vs months), having a high bias for action
- Raise the bar for technical excellence, engineering best practices, testing strategies, and distributed system design through pairing, mentoring, architecture / code reviews, technical presentations, and leadership of knowledge sharing sessions
- Exert significant influence on the overall vision and long-term goals of the company by co-leading roadmap planning with engineering and product leadership
- Own deliverables end to end through both committing quality code and overseeing the work of others, with the judgment to know which is appropriate
- Architect, build, and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services, and APIs
- Act as the technology leader for our identity products and drive high level discussions around architecture and design for all products and systems
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs
- Define the long term vision and goals of the team by participating in roadmap planning with engineering and product leadership
- Effectively balance maintaining and refactoring old code and creating new and well-architected services
- Consistently ship medium sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with, provide mentorship, and delegate responsibilities to the team on larger projects.
- Use test driven development practices and/or test frameworks and tools to ensure that features are shipped defect free
- Demonstrate mastery of various object-oriented programming languages, design concepts, tools and technologies
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity with your team
- Act as a mentor to junior and mid level developers through code reviews and document critiques, and lead cross team knowledge sharing forums
- Act as application owner by participating in on-call rotations and leading incident response efforts
- Proven ability to build a culture of testing and experimentation
- Experience moving an organization forward in best practices around instrumentation, observability, monitoring, and alerting
- Deep understanding of web technologies, frameworks, software design patterns and paradigms, and APIs
- Mastery of databases, queues, and caching systems in a cohesive architecture with experience using various technologies in the right circumstances and the ability to communicate tradeoffs
- Located in Virginia or California
- Strong leadership and mentorship abilities with exceptional oral and written communication skills, and a self-managing work ethic
- Strong understanding of A|B testing strategies with the ability to design experiments, debug anomalies, and interpret results
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Hashicorp Nomad/Vault/Consul/Terraform
- Experience using automated deployment and verification strategies
- A passion for automated testing as a lever to increase quality and predictability for the entire ecosystem
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
The annual base salary listed below for this role is based on experience, skills, education, relevant training and geographic location. Company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, and benefits are available depending on the role.
ID.me offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts (medical, limited purpose, dependent care, commuter benefit accounts), basic and voluntary life and AD&D insurance, 401(k) with company match, parental leave, ability to participate in unlimited paid time off subject to the terms and conditions of the PTO policy, including 8 company wide holidays, short and long-term disability insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, referral bonus policy, employee assistance program, pet insurance, travel assistant program, wellbeing and childcare discounts, benefit advocates, and a learning and development benefit.
The above represents the anticipated total rewards package for this job requisition. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on qualifications, professional experiences, skills, education, relevant training, geographic location, and other job related factors.
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.
Other Jobs from IDme
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee