Please only apply to one job posting. We recommend you apply for the position/office you are most interested in. Upon review of your application, if your skill sets are better suited for another position, we will reach out and let you know. If you are interested in multiple offices, you will have the opportunity to indicate that below in the application questions.
This role is directed at graduates seeking a 2024 start date. For 2025 start dates please take a look at our internships.
Working as a Software Engineer at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means the code you write is our business. At HRT, our engineers create and maintain critical technology and infrastructure that is integral to the success of our trading. Their work spans our incredible live trading system and a powerful research environment. Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of C++/Python, OS internals, CPU architecture, and networking hardware and protocols.
In this role, you will work closely with other engineers across the firm who design trading algorithms and monitor trading in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment! We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, like being challenged, and can thrive in an open and collaborative company culture.
- You are a full-time undergraduate student studying Computer Science or a related field who is eligible for full-time roles in 2024
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Working experience with C/C++ is required, as are good CS fundamentals
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- Interest in low-level architecture, logic design, and/or verification is a plus
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer-related — you'll find like-minded people here
- You are capable of working both independently, as well as part of a team and can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and identify how to make it better
- You can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), and anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who push you to be better at what you do
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Hudson River Trading
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee