Working as a coder at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means working on a small, highly productive, and efficient team. We know you see "Trading" in our name and assume you'll be relegated to some dark corner to code for the "business" but this impression is entirely wrong. At HRT, an automated trading firm based in NYC, the code you write *is* our business, so it is everyone's job, top to bottom, to make sure our developers have everything they need to do their jobs well.
HRT’s two main programming languages are C++ and Python. We use C++ for anything latency sensitive that sits on the critical trading path, and we use Python for everything else. With Python we monitor live trading, build our distributed computing platform, process large amounts of data, and write all of our internal tools.
As a Python Engineer at HRT, you’ll step into an incredible learning opportunity; HRT is one of the top algorithmic trading companies in the world, with one of the most advanced distributed compute environments. You’ll collaborate with researchers and engineers to build high-impact products, help HRT tackle exciting new initiatives and streamline every part of the trade cycle. You’ll be amazed at what you accomplish.
- Help us develop software that reaches into every office and department at HRT while using the latest technologies and techniques in Python and Software Engineering to drive improvements to our systems, new and old.
- HRT has many high-impact areas where we use python, here’s what you could work on as a Python Engineer here:
- Improving job orchestration and scheduling in our huge compute cluster.
- Building Python tooling and environments for all developers at HRT.
- Deploy, automate, and monitor systems for global trade management and post trade analysis.
- Building systems for hardware verification and tooling.
- Writing software that supports data ETL pipelines covering all types of inputs, from market data to image and text processing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Python experience is required, daily use of most recent standards preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the Python ecosystem and best practices
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications. You’ve managed an application from the design phase through the production phase.
- Ability to look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better.
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do.
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer-related - you'll find like-minded people here.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.
Other Jobs from Hudson River Trading
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member